B.A. in English Literature with a minor in Creative Writing from Concordia University, Montreal. Currently a student of the Master of Library and Information Science program at Western University, London, Ontario.
University of Western Ontario’s Student Committee of Librarians Without Borders
University of Western Ontario’s Student Librarian Association for Children and Youth Services
- Perspectives on Library and Information Studies
- Privacy and Surveillance
- Research Methods and Statistics
Information Organization, Curation, and Access
- Organization of Information
- Descriptive Cataloguing
- Classification and Indexing
- Collection Management
- Information Retrieval: Research and Practice
Connecting People with Information
- Information Sources and Services
- Science, Technology and Medical Information
- Managing and Working in Information Organizations
- Readers Advisory Services in the Public Library
- Services for Children and Young Adults
- Young Adult Materials
Canada Science and Technology Museum, Ottawa (June – August 2013-4)
Assisted with training and supervising of staff. Acted as liaison between counselors and education department, as well as between museum and other members of parent corporation. Responsible for coordinating inventory and facilities. Collected and formatted weekly attendance and review information. Did research work for education activities and the Summer Institute for Elementary Teachers (SIET). On-call for emergencies in all camps.
Canada Science and Technology Museum, Ottawa (June 2011 – June 2013)
Learnt and delivered educational programs and hands-on workshops for groups from pre-school to university age. Set up, took down, and maintained materials. Updated and modified existing scripts for education programs. Assisted with prep and organization work for SIET (Summer Institute for Elementary Teachers) 2013.
Canada Science and Technology Museum, Ottawa (June – August 2012)
Trained and supervised camp counselors. Oversaw volunteers. Ensured timely and quality delivery for activities. Created or modified activities and presentations. Ensured safety of campers and staff.
MediaSmarts, Canadian not-for-profit charitable organization for digital and media literacy, Ottawa (December 2011)
Researched transcription software. Transcribed and formatted interviews for qualitative research.
Barbara Zuchowicz, current PhD candidate in musicology at the Don Wright Faculty of Music at Western University (September – November 2011)
Collated and recorded information from primary sources in preparation for the creation of a database.
• Volunteering at the Ottawa Public Library:
• January-May 2012 – Volunteer at Rosemount Branch: Helped immigrants study for citizenship test.
• June-December 2011 – Volunteer at Main Branch, Children’s Department: Shelf and materials maintenance. Prepared kits for outreach events. Helped Children’s staff with programs.
• 2004-2006 – Member of Share the Words Literacy Program at Rosemount Branch: Developed literacy skills and encouraged reading with children on a one-on-one basis.
• Volunteer for the Blue Metropolis International Literary Festival, 2010.
• Election moderator for Concordia Association for Students in English, 2009: Responsible for informing student body of election, and collecting and tallying votes.
• Coordinator and counselor for Canterbury High School Arts Camp, 2004-2006: Developed program content and taught creative writing skills to elementary students attending March Break Arts camp at Canterbury High School.